On Tuesday, September 23rd, we officially said goodbye to summer and welcomed in the wonderful season of fall. We welcome the changing leaves, chillier days and pumpkin flavored EVERYTHING (And if you’re like us, many of you probably jumped on the pumpkin spice kick early). A new season means there is a new way to Live the American Dream.
In our previous post, we couldn’t stop gushing over fall. But you can’t really blame us… can you? It’s time to throw on your new United ‘American Flag’ full zip hoodie, cheer on your favorite football team, and head to the closest pumpkin patch. It is fall, after all. This season bundle up and explore the great outdoors with the reassuring comfort of knowing that you won’t nearly pass out from heat exhaustion (I’m sure all of our southerner readers out there can relate to the unbearable, scorching days that summer can bring). Thankfully those days are over…well until next year at least.
In true United Tees’ fashion, we thought it was only fitting to kick off the new season with a list of our favorite fall activities. Take a look at some of our most beloved things to do in the fall and let us know if we missed anything! No matter what you decide to take part in this fall, make sure to have fun, enjoy the time spent with your friends and, as always, wear the American Dream with pride. We have so much new inventory to choose from…don’t forget to check it out here before you head out on your latest fall adventure.
Here it is…United Tees’ Top 10 List of Things to do in the Fall:
- So we can’t have a list of fall activities without first and foremost stating the obvious….pumpkin picking. Get a group of friends together and find the closest or furthest (if you’re up for adventuring) pumpkin patch. This is such a classic way to commemorate the season. Don’t forget to pick up some apple cider while at the farm, you’re going to thank yourself when you get home.
Speaking of apple cider, this brings us to our next activity…make festive, fall drinks. Apple cider paired with vodka…why not? Pumpkin spice latte spiked with…..you name it! Just get creative and have fun with it! It might be nice to take a break from your usual cases of beer.
- Play flag football- An activity not just reserved for the guys, ladies. This is a great way to stay active, hang with friends and maybe even take part in day drinking…a true win/win in the eyes of many. What are some of your favorite flag football traditions during fall?
- If you’re not in the mood for a high intense game of flag football and you actually want to enjoy the scenic fall foliage, perhaps a hike is more in your stack of cards. Hiking on a trail is the perfect way to get out there and explore the beauty of nature. Oh and it may also be a great occasion for a cozy fall picnic…don’t forget a flask of your favorite liquor to keep you warm! ;)
- You can’t think fall, without thinking Halloween. So this year, throw a Halloween party. Although this might be a no-brainer to some, we had to put it on the list because fall wouldn’t be fall without this fun, spooky holiday. This year we challenge you to think outside the box with your costumes. Ditch the overpriced selections at Halloween stores and create the costume of your dreams to sport either on your own or with your significant other.
- Go to your county fair. This might be a great throw back idea to take part in with a group of friends. Bob for apples, ride on creaky old fair rides…the possibilities are truly endless when you’re at the county fair. But please remember, this is a family event and not a frat party…be on your best behavior everyone..
- If you’ve already gone pumpkin picking, but you’re still looking for another opportunity to pick some fresh fall treats, try apple picking.It’s a fun alternative to pumpkin picking and a great reason to try making that fresh baked apple pie that you’re grandma’s been perfecting for years! Why not?
- As we call know by now, Football is the New National Pastime. A true southerner understands the love so many of us have for tailgating. It’s just what you do on a Saturday or Sunday, depending on whether you’re style is more college or pro football. Regardless, tailgating wouldn’t be tailgating without proper attire. Grab your favorite United ‘American Flag’ zip up, or a cute-se and classy long sleeve tee, and head out to the game. Our Fall United Tees are perfect for tailgating.
- You can have a campfire any time of the year, if you really think about it. Yet, we especially love campfires in the fall. Did someone say s’mores? What about spider dogs or roasted potatoes? Whatever it is, make a night out of it. Grab your portable iPhone speakers, or even better a guitar, and enjoy the crisp fall nights around the fire with friends.
- Playing in the leaves can still be fun, even in your early 20s. Don’t count this out as a potential fall activity everyone! It could be a great opportunity for an Instagram photo session, after all. Like always, if you send United Tees’ pictures of you and your gang taking part in some fall activities, we’ll feature you on our site…but make sure you’re wearing your United Tees’ fall favorites.
We want everyone wearing our United brand to feel comfortable, look sharp, and let everyone know that when you're wearing United Tees, you're Living the American Dream. Enjoy the Fall.